I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I don't know about you all, but I've definitely enjoyed my fair share of delicious food this past week. And after non-stop indulging, all I was craving when I woke up today was something simple, clean, and fresh. (Not to mention it's back to 80 degrees here in Florida). This salad is perfect for the winter time because it packs tons of healthy vitamins and nutrients that aid in fighting cold and flu. Bonus, the citrus will work wonders on post-hoiliday bloating.
This would also be delicious with some kiwi, pineapple, or peaches if you have some of those laying around. Enjoy!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 oranges
- 2 granny apples
- 1 pear
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Cut pomegranate in half. Squeeze the seeds and juice out of each half into a medium bowl. Try to remove all of the membrane from the bowl. You maybe not get all of the seeds out of the pomegranate, thats okay. Set juice and seeds aside.
- Peel and slice grapefruits and oranges. This can be done by slicing the top and bottoms of the fruit off and then carefully slicing the skin off the sides of the fruit.
- Slice apples and pear into desired size. I left the skin on mine but they can be peeled as well.
- Combine all of the sliced fruit into the bowl with the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle agave evenly over fruit. Hand mix until well blended.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.