Whole carrots tossed in a blend of seasonings, glazed with a sweet and tangy balsamic-agave mixture, and roasted to deliciousness.
So here's a fun fact - I didn't like carrots until I was 24-years-old. I'm 25 now... That's only one year of my existence that I have enjoyed eating carrots. What was wrong with me? They're the bomb-dot-com! And now one of my favorite foods.
Oh yeah, and did you know that carrots delay the aging process? Cha-ching! So with that being said, here is a yummy roasted carrot recipe that will have you eating carrots like it's nobody's business.
Serving Size: 6
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds carrots, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place carrots in a large rimmed baking dish. Add olive oil, thyme, and salt & pepper. Toss until well combined. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While carrots are baking, prepare balsamic and agave glaze by mixing them in a small bowl.
- Remove carrots from oven and drizzle with glaze. Toss until well coated. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, tossing halfway through. Serve immediately.