Nothin' But Veggies Homemade Chili
Is there anything more comforting than a big bowl of warm chili? Not in my book.
This hearty, all vegetable chili is the perfect meal for a brisk day. Perhaps the best thing about this recipe, besides it's tastiness, is that it doesn't take hours to make. You only need about 45 minutes! So awesome.
Grab a bowl and your favorite blanket and head straight to the couch. Hello, cozy.
*Bonus! It tastes even better after being leftover! Just reheat the pot on the stove over medium.
Serving Size: 4-6
What You'll Need:
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tomatoes, diced (keep juice)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 15oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curcumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado, slice or diced (for topping)
- green onion, chopped (for topping)
- In a large pot, combine olive oil, onion, red peppers, green peppers, and jalapeño. Sauté over medium for approximately 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, paprika, and curcumin. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add black beans and kidney beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with green onion and avocado. Dig in!