No-Bake Energy Bites
Hurray, it's Friday! Who's ready for the weekend? I know, silly question.
Okay, so I had to post this recipe. I say it like that only because these glorious little bites are 1000 percent addicting. I guarantee you will eat five at once. I'm not judging. I'm right there with you! It's more of a warning... But since they are healthy, let's not be too hard on ourselves.
I love whipping up a batch of these and eating them in the mornings for breakfast. They are also good for snacking or munching on before a workout. They really are energizing!
These energy bites are very popular (for good reason). I adapted the recipe from Smashed Pea's & Carrots. And though there are all kinds of variations of the recipe out there, this one is still my favorite. The best part is you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry!
Yields: 20 bites
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup oatmeal, dry
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly (I mix it with my hands). Cover and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls (about 1-inch in diameter).
- Keep stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week.