One-Pot Eggplant & Mushroom Spaghetti
One-Pot. It's like music to my ears.
Is it really possible to throw a bunch of ingredients into one pot and just let it do it's thing for awhile and then BAM!, dinner? Yep, sure is... Hallelujah!
This spaghetti is fresh, light, and full of nutrients. And most importantly, it packs major flavor! The combination of eggplant, mushroom, basil, and marinara is so, so tasty. Did I mention this was an easy recipe?
Feel free to get creative! Swap out types of pasta, veggies, seasonings, etc. The one-pot possibilities are endless. Happy cooking!
Serving Size: 4
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 1/2 an eggplant, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4-5 leaves of basil (more for garnishing)
- Wash and dice eggplant. Place in a strainer in the sink and coat with salt. Let sit for approximately 20 minutes to absorb some of the water. Rinse thoroughly before adding to pot.
- Combine spaghetti, eggplant, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, water, marinara, basil, salt and pepper into one medium-large size pot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) until pasta is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10-12 minutes. Add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
- All of the pasta will fit inside the pot once it cooks for a few minutes!
- I used organic, gluten-free quinoa pasta from Trader Joe's.