Happy Friday! It's finally (almost) the weekend - Super Bowl weekend!
I have to be honest here, professional football isn't really my thing. I joined my first fantasy league this year, which did help me get into things, but still… not my thing. But it's an excuse to get together with friends and eat delicious food. So with that being said, go team!
This layered dip is the BOMB. It's the easiest thing in the world to throw together and no cooking is required (score). I'm not hosting this year, but I will definitely be making this bowl of heaven to bring with me as my party contribution.
You can modify this dish in so many ways! So feel free to get creative. There are some pretty tasty vegan cream cheese and sour cream products out there that would be a delicious addition. And be sure to make it in a glass bowl so everyone can see how beautiful your creation is. (Humble bragging, you know). Have a great weekend!
Serving Size: 12-15
- 16oz. can of refried beans
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 16oz. jar of salsa (I used mild)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 handful of dairy-free cheese
- green onion, chopped (for garnishing)
- Layer in the following order: beans, mashed avocados, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cheese, green onion. Enjoy!
- Not all refried beans are vegan! I used Whole Foods 365 brand organic veggie refried beans. Trader Joe's also has veggie refried pinto beans.
- I used Daiya brand cheddar cheese.