Roasted Garlic Golden Potatoes
Happy almost Friday! It's becoming clear to me that I am a huge fan of potatoes, no matter the form. Wedged, mashed, baked, and of course, roasted. I want them all the time. It's the southern in me. They are right up there with tacos and pasta on my list of non-negotiable must-haves.
This recipe is a go for all my fellow potato fans out there. They steal the show at the dinner table, the seasoning combo is so simple and satisfying and they are roasted to the perfect texture. Not too crunchy, not too mushy. If you're looking for a simple, elegant, and hearty side, this one's for you.
*Tip: these garlic potatoes are super yummy in a green salad. (Perfect for using any leftovers you may have in your lunch the next day).
Serving Size: 6
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds of yellow or white potatoes, quartered.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Wash and cut potatoes. Add to a large bowl and mix in olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme. Mix thoroughly, coating potatoes evenly.
- Lay potatoes flat, in a single layer, on baking sheet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.