How beautiful is this toast? I mean, seriously... Every time I create some sort of avocado toast concoction, I don't even want to eat it because it's just too pretty. But that is a fleeting feeling and then I devour it.
The creaminess of the avocado is a perfect addition to the crispy bread. There is just a hint of coconut to give it a slight sweetness. And the roasted heirloom tomatoes, well, I don't think I need to explain how delicious those are. I beg you to make this sometime very, very soon. Like today, maybe. Have a wonderful weekend!
Serving Size: 1
What You'll Need:
- 2 pieces of toast (I use brown rice bread by Food For Life, gluten free & vegan)
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil (approximately)
- 1/2 of one large avocado, sliced or smashed
- 1 1/2 cups of heirloom tomatoes (approximately), rinsed
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil a baking sheet. Place tomatoes on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Toast bread to desired crispiness. Add coconut oil, then avocado, then tomatoes. Season with red pepper, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Enjoy,