Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries - A healthy & romantic treat for your Valentine... Or yourself!
Happy Valentine's Day Eve! So chocolate covered strawberries are one of my most favorite desserts. I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's only one of the greatest combinations of all time, fresh strawberries and chocolate. Besides, there is something about them that just makes you feel so darn elegant eating them.
I've made this strawberry dessert healthier by using dark chocolate and locally grown, organic strawberries. I then threw on some shredded coconut for some added deliciousness and variety… So yummy! Enjoy and Happy Valentines.
Serving Size: 3-4
What You'll Need:
- One carton strawberries (about 12-15 strawberries), washed and dried
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (I used 70% cacao dark chocolate chips)
- coconut flakes (optional)
- parchment paper
- Bring a saucepan of water to medium heat on the stove. Melt the chocolate by placing it in a measuring cup/bowl and into the saucepan. Make sure no water gets into the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is liquid-y. You can also melt the chocolate by putting it in the microwave on high for 45 seconds - 1 minute.
- Twirl each strawberry into the melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper to harder. Sprinkle with the coconut flakes if desired.
- Once all of your strawberries are covered, place the tray in the fridge for at least 45 minutes. Enjoy!