BBQ Roasted Chickpeas
Let me introduce you to one of my favorite snacks ever: BBQ Roasted Chickpeas.
I love these little guys! So simple, so delicious, and SO addicting. Good thing they are a healthy snack, because I think I could eat an entire tray of them to myself… (Not kidding).
Not only are these BBQ Roasted Chickpeas yummy, they are perfect for all ages. The kiddos will love them! They are also gluten free and a nice alternative for those with nut allergies. Happy snacking!
What You'll Need:
- 2 - 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, & dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degreesF.
- In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas with the oil and BBQ seasoning. Mix well.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly on a large baking sheet and bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Watch carefully to make sure the chickpeas do not burn.
- It's important to dry the chickpeas well before adding the oil and seasoning. Otherwise you will sacrifice your crunchiness. Pat them dry with paper towels or if allow them to air dry for about 30 minutes.
- These can be stored in an airtight container to save for later. Make sure they are completely cooled before storing.