Guilt-Free Mug Cake with Chocolate Chips & Strawberries
Mug Cake. Guilt-free, vegan, decadent, and ready to eat in less than two minutes.
It's the week of Valentine's Day. Exciting stuff, guys! To be honest, I've never been one to celebrate Valentine's very much. Not out of bitterness or spite or any of that, I LOVE love. It's just never been one of my favorite holidays. I'm more of a July 4th or Thanksgiving kinda gal. HOWEVER, it recently dawned on me that I could use Valentine's as an excuse to make sweet treats all week long. Ya know, for the blog... Suddenly I love Valentine's day!
So yes, I will be dedicating this entire week to sweet treats and yummy desserts. You're welcome.
First up, mug cake. Just plain delicious. And the amount of effort it does NOT require is ridiculous. Just toss some ingredients into a mug, stir it up, and pop it in the microwave for a minute or two. Done-zo.
Whip up a mug full, grab two spoons, and split the warm, chocolatey goodness with your Valentine!
Serving Size: 1-2
What You'll Need:
- 4 tablespoons flour (I used gluten-free white rice flour)
- 3 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chocolate chips (optional - 70% cocoa or more), more for topping
- strawberries, for topping
- Combine all ingredients into a medium-large size microwave safe mug. Mix well with a spoon. The batter should only fill the mug half way as the cake will rise.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. This will leave it a little gooey inside. If you would like it fully cooked, cook for an additional 30 seconds. Top with chocolate chips and strawberries. Serve immediately.
- To check if the cake is cooked, stick a toothpick into it. If it comes out clean it is cooked.