So let's just jump right into talking about this Tomato and Artichoke Salad. Basically, it's delightful and you need to have made it like, yesterday.
It's a simple and light blend which makes it perfect for the springtime! It makes a yummy lunch meal or dinner side dish. This Tomato and Artichoke salad can be eaten alone or spread over a bed of greens, used as a sandwich filling, or served over toast. It's a versatile blend and you really can't go wrong!
I personally love to spoon this over a couple pieces of toasted flax seed bread with a light spread of hummus. Ugh, so good! (Yup… definitely going to whip that up right now)
Serving Size: 8
What You'll Need:
- 5 tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges (I used Roma tomatoes)
- salt and pepper for taste
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained (approx. 8.5 ounces) and quartered
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Arrange tomatoes on a large platter or in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Gently toss to blend. Spoon ingredients over tomatoes. Add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or to chill, refrigerate for 25-30 minutes.
- Red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar can be used in place of the apple cider vinegar.