Apple Pie Oatmeal & Chia Seed Breakfast Parfait (V+GF)
Do you like apple pie? Would you like to have apple pie for breakfast? Would you like to have apple pie for breakfast and not feel guilty about it? Yeah, I thought so.
Actuallyyyyy... not only should you not feel guilty, you should pat yourself on the back, because this thing is healthy y'all!
I know you're interested. So please, join me in the next few paragraphs as we dive into the layers of this ooie-gooey, dreamy apple pie breakfast parfait.
First layer, you ask? Warm oatmeal.
It's filling. It's comforting. It's healthy. It's the ideal base for this parfait.
What about the second layer? Apple. Pie. Jam.
Yes, It's true. It really tastes like apple pie. Tender, gooey, soothing APPLE PIE. Let the angels sing, my friends - we've found breakfast heaven.
And about that third layer… All the chia seed pudding! (I bet you were able to guess that from the title of this post and the pictures. You're so smart).
Drum roll please, folks… Apple Pie Oatmeal & Chia Seed Breakfast Parfait!
It's vegan, gluten-free, mega delicious, and the perfect make-ahead breakfast for those busy mornings. Enjoy!
Before we go any further, I'd like to note that this recipe was heavily adapted from the ever amazing Angela over at Oh She Glows. Check her out!
Serving Size: 2
CHIA SEED PUDDING:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
APPLE PIE SAUCE:
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup, as desired to sweeten
- sea salt, pinch of
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup water
1. CHIA SEED PUDDING: Combine all chia seed pudding ingredients into a sealable jar or container. Stir well to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Shake the jar to mix the ingredients up one more time. Put back in the fridge to sit overnight.
2. APPLE PIE SAUCE: In a medium saucepan, combine all apple pie sauce ingredients. Stir to mix well. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes (stirring every 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
3. OATMEAL: Combine the oats and water into a bowl. Stir to mix. Heat in he microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and cook for 30 more seconds.
4. In a jar or cup, layer the mixture in any order you desire. To be extra fancy, serve with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
- To store, keep in a sealable jar or container. Will last for about 1 week.