This Berry Cobbler made with fresh strawberries and blueberries is to die for! It's the perfect combination of sweet and tart. It's crispy and golden on the outside and gooey fruity deliciousness on the inside!
Happy Easter weekend! Is everyone ready to break out their pretty Easter dresses!? I love Easter and being away from my family during this holiday is always hard. You wouldn't think so, but growing up we had so many fun traditions - dying eggs, hunting eggs, the person who finds the least amount of eggs has to jump into my parents (freezing) pool, the person who find the most eggs gets to decide who that person is, waking up to egg basket treats, Easter Sunday service, and finally brunch with the family. Such fond memories! But there's always room for new traditions, and I think this berry cobbler is going to be a new Easter Sunday tradition for us...
This berry cobbler is the perfect breakfast (or dessert) dish to whip up on weekends like these when the whole gang is around. For breakfast, it can be served with vanilla coconut yogurt (I highly recommend this) and for dessert, served with vanilla soy ice cream (okay, I highly recommend this too). You need this berry cobbler in your life, my friends. Added bonus: your house will smell amazing!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 8
- 4 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced thick
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup flour (I used white rice flour)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I use Stevia in the Raw)
- extra fruit
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and oil a 9x7 baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring the strawberries and 1/4 cup brown sugar to a boil. Approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in blueberries. Pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. The batter should be smooth with no lumps. Pour the mixture evenly over the fruit in the baking dish. Use a spatula to smooth it over.
- Sprinkle blueberries and sliced strawberries on top. Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it over the top as well. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
- You can switch out the type of fruit with the same directions! Some suggestions: peaches, raspberries, apples, pineapple…