I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love smoothie bowls.
I think I secretly love them most for their simplicity, but also because they are so darn good. It's like you're eating a really delicious soup, made of fruits, that is so pretty you don't even really want to eat it and ruin it's beauty. But you get over that last feeling very quickly...
Not to toot my own horn, but how gorg is this smoothie bowl? (And trust me, it doesn't take much effort to throw together). If this is what you had starring back at you from the breakfast counter every morning, I guarantee you'd be one happy person. Hint, hint... Make it!
I love this blend because it's thick and creamy, almost like the texture of ice cream. And the combo of nuts and chocolate is just plain dreamy. They really add that decadent flavor. But no worries, this is a flat-belly-friendly recipe. And just a quick FYI, the mint and strawberry not only make a fabulous garnish on this bowl, they are really yummy chopped up and stirred in. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1
- 3 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cashews, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips, crushed
- mint, for garnishing
- strawberry, for garnishing
- In a high powered blender, combine frozen bananas, almond milk, chia seeds, agave, and protein powder. Blend until smooth and transfer to a bowl. Add crushed cashews, chocolate, mint and strawberry. Enjoy immediately.
Shop my blender here.