Easy Coconut Rice Pudding
If you need a new favorite healthy dessert, I have an idea for you… It starts with "coconut" and ends with "rice pudding".
This coconut-y take on original rice pudding is so luscious and creamy thanks to the addition of coconut cream and almond milk.
Are you interested yet? Okay, good.
There once was a time (basically my entire life) where I was afraid to try rice pudding. I mean you have to admit, "rice pudding" doesn't necessarily sound like a dessert or at least not an appetizing one. But IT. SO. IS. (Ross Gellar tone).
But Dave made me try it one day and I fell in love. It's just so light and simple tasting, yet so darn delicious. It's creamy and sweet with hints of coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon. I mean… that's a bomb-dot-com blend if you ask me.
This recipe does require some time, no work, but time. About 40 minutes to be exact. Please don't be turned off by this! It will make your house smell ah-mazing and you can go on about your normal activities while it cooks. Just trust me, it's worth it! Enjoy.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups long grain cooked brown rice, cold and unsalted
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- coconut flakes, for garnishing
- In a medium sauce pan add all ingredients except the coconut flakes and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for approximately 40 minutes or until pudding thickens to desired consistency. Serve warm. Garnish with cinnamon and coconut flakes.
- Raisins would be a nice addition to this pudding! If you want to add them, just stir in 1/2 a cup once the rice is almost done cooking.