Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for Two
Did somebody say cookie dough?
Eating cookie dough is one of life's greatest pleasures. Unfortunately, that pleasure usually comes with a little voice inside your head (that sounds like your mother) reminding you of how bad it is to eat raw cookie dough. Ugh, fun-sucker!
That's where vegan cookie dough comes in to save the day! No eggs, no guilt, no worries. Realistically you could eat as much of this cookie dough as your little heart desires. So I won't try to sell this recipe to you, since it sells itself... All I'm saying is thank me later.
Serving Size: 2
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons flour (I used gluten free rice flour)
- salt, pinch of
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (70% cacao or more)
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix well using a fork. Stir in flour and salt. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and continue to mix until well combined. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
- I tried making this recipe a few different ways. In one I substituted agave nectar for the maple syrup. The texture held up but it did not taste nearly as good, as the agave took over the flavor. BUT it did work, if you would rather use agave.
- You do not need to refrigerate before serving, I just highly recommend it.