Frozen Dark Chocolate Bananas on a Stick
Frozen Dark Chocolate Bananas on a Stick - A fun and easy snack that everyone in the family can enjoy!
I suppose I don't really need to explain the awesomeness of this concept. Uh, hello… it's a chocolate covered banana… on a stick! Where do I sign?
Frozen bananas are la bomba (that means "the bomb" in spanish, in case you had trouble there). Throw a little melted dark chocolate, coconut flakes, and crushed nuts on top of that? HEAVEN.
But really, this healthy treat is the perfect warm weather snack. It's guilt free, gluten-free, and vegan. You can even eat these babies for breakfast. Yes, I am telling you it's okay to eat chocolate for breakfast. No regrets!
Try these frozen dark chocolate bananas out and let me know how it goes! If you post it on social media, don't forget to tag #projectsunny so I can see your fab creations. Happy eating!
Serving Size: 6
What You'll Need:
- 3 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (be sure to get vegan chocolate!)
- desired toppings: coconut flakes, various nuts, dried fruit, etc.
- popsicle sticks
- parchment paper
- Carefully skewer each banana piece onto a popsicle stick.
- Melt chocolate by putting the chips into a measuring cup and microwaving on high for about 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Or by placing the measuring cup into a sauce pan over medium-high heat until melted. Be careful not to let the water into the measuring cup.
- Dip each banana stick into the chocolate, swirling it around to covered all sides of the banana. Lay flat on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with desired toppings. Repeat with each banana. Be sure to keep the bananas from touching. Place in the freezer to sit overnight or at least four hours (until frozen through). Enjoy!
- I used old drinking straws instead of popsicle sticks. Wooden skewers will also work, just be cautious of the sharp tip!