Homemade maple cinnamon granola. Heck. Yes.
This granola is just the right amount of sweetness. It makes for a perfect snack, or breakfast, and is also a great addition to smoothies and parfaits!
I am a firm believer in having granola on-hand at all times...
1. When I get hungry, it ain't pretty (hangry*). I get so irritable/feel like I'm going to die, that I don't even like to be around myself during this time. Enter: healthy snacks. This granola saves my life almost on a daily basis on my commute home.
2. It's nice to have something crunchy. Something with texture, that actually feels like you're eating something substantial .
3. Like I hinted before, it's super versatile. Pour almond milk over a bowl of this granola for a hearty breakfast. Keep a jar of it in your car for snacking/surprise traffic jams. And use it as a topper on your smoothies and parfaits for a nice crunchy addition.
By the way, did I mention that your home will be the dreamiest smelling home on the block? Think bakery x pretzel shop. Yes. It smells that delicious.
*Hangry: "when you are so hungry you are angry (HANGRY). nothing sounds good to eat and you hate life, the people around you, possible you could kill because you are in such a bad mood from low blood sugar." (source: urban dictionary)
Sounds about right! xoxo, cort
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract