I will admit that most of my favorite meals are some sort of sautéed veggie and quinoa. I have my old roomie and dear friend Aubrey to thank for this one. She makes a mean quinoa bowl and got me hooked. Since then, I've created all kinds of quinoa creations. Most come out good (you can't really go wrong) but this recipe I'm sharing today came out like, really good.
The best part of this dish is that it tastes better the next day. So I usually make quite a bit and eat it over the course of a few days. I present to you… Mushroom Spinach Quinoa.
Serving Size: 6-7
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 8oz. package cremini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium to large saucepan. Cook as directed, usually about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add coconut oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once coconut oil is melted, add garlic, mushrooms, spinach, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Sauté the mixture for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add quinoa to the pan of veggies.
- Cook and stir until all the ingredients are blended nicely. Serve immediately.