Peanut Butter & Banana Nice Cream. It's like ice cream, except nicer.
Wait, what? So what is it then? (I'm reading your mind aren't I?) Well it looks just like ice cream, and it's velvety just like ice cream, and it certainly tastes like ice cream. But it's actually just blended frozen bananas… Oh yeah. Mind. Blown.
I mean this is a total healthy treat! A dessert that you can have for breakfast every day of the week and not feel guilty about. That is magical, really.
So I've had quite a few bowls of nice cream, in general and in preparations for this recipe. I've tried all kinds of combos and substitutes and pretty much everything tastes delish. With that being said, I typically always choose to use almond butter as a peanut butter substitute. But in this recipe PB wins. By a long shot. The flavor is more bold and it just tastes better.
You are going to want to use a high powered blender here. Your hand-me-down blender from your parents that you've had for 10 years is probably not going to give you the results you're looking for (don't worry - I have one too). I love, love, love my blender and it has been an awesome investment.
Give this recipe a shot. I promise you will love it. Cheers!
Serving Size: 2
What You'll Need:
- 4 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon, pinch of
- Add frozen banana slices to a high-power blender. Blend and puree until creamy. This will take a few minutes, so be patient. You may want to alternate between blending and pureeing and maybe even stirring a few times in between. After a few minutes, you should start to get the creamy, ice cream texture.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the blender. Pulse until well blended. Add any toppings your heart desires. (I sprinkled mine with smashed dark chocolate and a pinch of sea salt). Serve immediately.
Shop my blender here.