Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Garlic Aioli Sauce
Happy Friday! Let's celebrate with some tacos!
Do you know what's really good? Roasted cauliflower. Do you know what's really, really good? Roasted cauliflower on tacos. It certainly doesn't taste like you are eating cauliflower tacos. But you are. And that deserves a pat on the back. *Patting myself on the back*
I had a hard time stopping myself from eating all of the cauliflower right off the baking sheet. It's that good, people!
These tacos are healthy, yummy, and super filling. What more could you ask for? So next taco night (like tonight, perhaps?) try these guys out!
Serving Size: 4-5 tacos
What You'll Need:
For the Roasted Cauliflower Tacos:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small head of cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (seeded for less spice)
- 1 avocado, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- corn or flour tortillas
For the Garlic Aioli:
- 6 tablespoons vegan mayo (I used Just Mayo brand)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, salt, water, lime juice, and olive oil. Mix well. Stir in cauliflower florets. Lay the cauliflower flat in a single layer, on a greased baking sheet. Roast for approximately 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and slightly golden.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the garlic aioli sauce by combining mayo, garlic, lemon juice, water, and cilantro in a small bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- Add cooked cauliflower to a tortilla. Top with cabbage, jalapeño, avocado, and cilantro. Drizzle or spread the aioli sauce over the tacos. Serve immediately.
*Note: I recently tried adding hot sauce to these tacos and it tasted really yummy!