Simple Baked Breakfast Potatoes
Simple Baked Breakfast Potatoes - Hearty, comforting, scrumptious, and oh so simple.
We spent this past weekend in Indio for Coachella. It was such a good time and I'm really, really, REALLY sad it's over. We rented a house with about ten of our friends and every morning we would take turns making a huge breakfast. This is my idea of fun, people… (I will be sharing details about the weekend tomorrow - stay tuned!).
Anyway, it got me thinking of some of my favorite breakfasts foods that are not only delicious but can easily be made for large groups of people. These baked breakfast potatoes are perfect for that.
They are so simple to make, you can even prep the ingredients the night before so that all you have to do in the morning is throw them in the oven. Perfect for all of us non-morning people out there! The recipe below can be halved for two or doubled for a larger group. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 4-5
- 2 pounds red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup purple onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the ingredients together until well combined. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring the potatoes every 10 minutes. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Be sure to keep a close eye on the potatoes during the last 5-7 minutes to be sure they aren't burning/achieve your desired level of crispiness.