Ah, morning routines. Everyone has one. Even if your routine consists of punching the snooze button exactly 10 times before stumbling out of bed, realizing you have 20 minutes to shower and dress yourself before work, and then sprinting to your car in wrinkled clothes with a half-eaten banana in your hand. I'm not saying this is me or anything, I'm just saying it's probably someone's routine... Okay fine, this is me. But no matter how bad of a morning person I am, or how little time I have, there is one ritual I stick to no matter what: drinking warm lemon water.
Warm lemon water is packed with so much goodness. Please, please, please add this to your morning routine and reap all of the health and cleansing benefits!
Here are the Top 5 Reasons You Should Drink Warm Lemon Water Every Morning:
1. Boost's Immune System - Lemons are an awesome source of vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that protects your body against immune system deficiencies. Take that, cold season. Potassium controls blood pressure and stimulates brain and nerve function.
2. pH Balance - Lemons are an alkalizing food inside our body and help to maintain our pH balance. Disease can only occur when our body is in an acidic state, drinking warm lemon water routinely can help to remove this acidity.
3. Digestion/Cleansing - Drinking lemon juice in the morning flushes unwanted toxins out of the body. The citric acid in lemons encourages bile production from the liver, which is essential for digestion.
4. Healthy Skin - Lemon water prevents the formation of wrinkles and fights against acne. The combination of vitamin C and it's ability to flush toxins from the body, warm lemon water will literally make your skin glow.
5. Aids in Weight Loss - Lemons contain a large amount of pectin fibers. These fibers help control food cravings. Studies even show that people who consume alkalizing foods are more likely to loose weight.